Are you running into issues using Quickbooks? If you see any Quickbooks WPR errors, also knows as Event ID 4 errors, this guide will help you resolve those Quickbooks WPR errors.
Errors such as WPR: Calling ABORT_CLOSE and WPR: SetNameDriverAndPort call failed usually occur due to a problem related to the .NET framework component.
Resolve Event ID 4 Errors
- Go to the Programs and Features window via either control panel or by entering appwiz.cpl in the run dialog.
- Uninstall Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0
- Once the uninstall has completed, reboot the computer.
- Go back to the Programs and Features screen and install Microsoft .NET 3.5 framework.
- Once the installation has completed, select 'Finish' and reboot your system one more time.
- Re-check the event log to see if any new Event ID 4 errors are still showing.
- If not, the Quickbooks WPR error has been resolved and you should no longer see any Quickbooks Event ID 4 errors.
If you do not see Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 in the uninstallation screen, simply uninstall .NET 3.5 instead, reboot the system and install .NET 3.5 again.
CommentsWrite a comment ...