In this guide I will be covering how you can create a new site in FastPanel. It is a pretty straight forward process.
What is FastPanel
FastPanel is a FREE server control panel, similar to cPanel and Plesk. It allows you to create sites in a few clicks, manage mail, databases, backups and much more. You can read a lot more about FastPanel on their website here.
Creating New Site in FastPanel
To create a new site in FastPanel, follow the steps outlined below:
- Log in to your FastPanel admin interface, usually located at port 8888.
- Click on the '+ Create site' button located towards the top right of the main page in the admin interface.
- Select whether you'd like to create a CMS based site (WordPress) or a manual site. For the purposes of this guide, I will be creating a manual site.
- In the 'Which domain to bind' field, enter the domain you would like to use. I will be using fastpanelguide.tyksinski.com for the purposes of this guide.
- In the 'To which IP address?' field, select the IP address you would like for the website to operate on. This is the same IP address you should be creating an A record for to allow your website to resolve. I will be selecting my main IPv4 address and one of the IPv6 addresses available in my FastPanel installation.
- Choose whether you'd like to add a 'www' alias or not for your new site. If you're unsure, you can leave it checked and simply create a CNAME record for www.domainfromfield1.tld (in my case: www.fastpanelguide.tyksinski.com will be a CNAME of fastpanelguide.tyksinski.com)
- For the DNS account you can select Master or select 'Do not create a DNS zone'. I will be choosing the latter as I will be creating the records and continuing to manage my domain through CloudFlare.
- Click on 'Next step'
- In step 2, 'Configuration', you can configure the user access, whether SSH access will be granted, what PHP version this site should be using, whether a database should be created, whether you want to configure backups for this site, and whether or not an FTP account should be created.
- Click on 'Create site'.
Congratulations, your new FastPanel site has been created. All you have to do now is ensure that the A records are published for the public IP addresses and your new website should now point to your FastPanel installation.
You can now configure your new site under 'Sites' where you will be able to manage FTP accounts, files, databases, domains, SSL certificates and much more.